Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fishing in the South West of WA

To be totally honest, if you want to catch good fish in Western Australia off the shore, you really need to head north or south of Perth. With so many people in Perth fishing day after day, it's no wonder that hardly any big fish are caught any more. Of course, if you have a boat then this is a different story, but it's even better down south or up north with a boat!

The South West of WA has some of the best fishing in Australia. This region is famous for the Salmon run, which thousands of people try to follow every year. The salmon move north from March through to May and they tend to be in an absolute frenzy. This means that they will bite on anything, including hooks without bait and lures. The fact that the towns in the south west of WA have less people is primarily the reason for better fish being caught; they haven't all been fished out.

Basically all you need to do is to find a place that looks like a good fishing location and give it a go. With the right bait and fishing set up, you will nearly always get something of interest. Good fishing in the south west of WA starts just south of Mandurah, and runs all the way around through to Peaceful Bay and into the South East of WA. As long as you find a location that not many people use, you will usually have a lot of luck with bigger, nice eating fish!

2 comments:

  1. Would absolutely adore fishing in Australia.. unfortunately there is one big ocean that makes it impossible at this point. Thanks for visiting at http://riftplaneleveling.com, come back often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than visiting the Holy Land Australia would be another choice . Thanks for visiting my blog. The last person that I wrote that lives in Australia is Chef curtis stone. I wrote him about the hospital food. Needs help. I do appreciate you visiting my blog. www.enoughhomeless.blog.com Let me tell you a quick fishing story. It was a number of years ago I was talking to a Texan. We have a saying in America that everything is bigger in Texas. Texas is up set because of thefact that Alaska is bigger than they are.
    At the time I lived in North West Arkansas not far from the home office of Wal mart. I was visiting with ths Texan He was telling me about a fish that he had caught. It was a big one. I said that is big but not as big as what we have. Cose to the Dam they have cat fish that weighs 300 lbs. I showed him a picture of one of them. A 300 lb fresh water fish is huge even to a texan. He said man that is one big fish. Then I gave him my fish story. Oh man that fish is our bait.
    Timothy

    ReplyDelete